A major manufacturing organization approached JET BI.
The bigger the company, the more systems they work with, and this company was no exception. Siloed data resided in multiple systems: CRM platform, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, consent management platform, and data from the website servers. Moreover, each system had its unique data model.
The company had recently purchased the Customer Data Platform (CDP) and was looking to implement it from scratch.
The challenges were:
- There was no mechanism to collect and leverage its data which was stored in various systems. For the company, it was critical to identify customers across multiple data sources and connect the dots between them.
- There was no unified customer view to build omnichannel campaigns
- Unclear, what data the company has, what customer data the company can use, and how his customers prefer to be contacted.
One of the main benefits of Salesforce CDP is the ability to unify customer data from multiple sources into a single, unified customer profile, providing a 360-degree view of the customer and enabling more personalized and relevant marketing experiences.
The following targets were successfully met:
- The integration of Salesforce CDP with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CRM was completed
- The customer’s data was transformed, cleaned, and harmonized the data into a standard data model.
- Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, website, and app data were synchronized with CDP.
- CDP segments were created using easy drag-and-drop functionality and subsequently used across multiple touchpoints, channels, and platforms.
- A custom lightning component was developed to track CDP segment members as CRM Campaign members.
- The customer data was successfully integrated and consolidated from various sources to establish a unified customer identity. This process resulted in a comprehensive view of each customer, enabling highly personalized and contextually relevant interactions. Additionally, by integrating with Business Intelligence (BI) tool, the customer data and insights were further analyzed and utilized to drive informed business decisions and enhance the overall customer experience.
- By aligning communications with channel-specific customer consent and preferences, we observed a significant improvement in customer engagement, with a 14.4% increase in engagement metrics.
- Further creation of segments/activations can be done by the company’s employees without knowledge of SQL.