The Client, a multinational company operating in Engineering and Electronics, Nuclear, Transportation, and Industrial sectors, needed a way to connect the Salesforce CRM to the backend SAP (ERP) to improve efficiency, insights, and operational outcomes by leveraging business intelligence.
After careful evaluation, Jitterbit was selected as a fast, low-code integration solution allowing for a seamless bi-directional connection between Salesforce and SAP ERP (ECC 6.0 EHP7). The integration would allow for customer data (Accounts, Pricebook, Shipment Order, Service Order, Service Contract, etc.) to be instantly synchronized and for Clients to work in both systems off of the same data.
Salesforce to SAP integration scenario included:
- Discovery of integration requirements and the architectural design of future landscape;
- Create a high-performance run-time integration engine based on the requirements with the help of the Jitterbit tool;
- Manage integration, incl. tracking of operation queues, monitoring activity logs, and receiving real-time status alerts.
More information on Salesforce to SAP integration with Jitterbit can be found on Fast way to integrate SAP and Salesforce with JITTERBIT | JET BI
- The integration was completed successfully, giving the Company connectivity it needed. Data now flows freely between Salesforce and SAP, and the Client has 360-degree visibility of their customers, products, orders, and master data.
- The Sales Team can easily inform their customers about their order status, delivery date, etc. Access to accurate data has improved customer service significantly.
- A new solution has also allowed the Client to manage their sales pipeline more effectively: see when the customer placed the first order when the parcel was delivered, and all the products the customer purchased over time. The Client has also received material/customer data sync via IDOCs.
- Successfully implemented the Return Material Authorization process (RMA) increased the efficiency and decreased the cost of the customer returns process. Configured error handling for data synchronization made it possible to create new cases and send appropriate email alerts to responsible executors.
- Integration with SAP granted the ability to provide better customer service, access to additional up-sell and cross-selling opportunities, and effective ways to keep their data accurate.
“JET BI is an expert in Salesforce integrations. The implemented solution is going to be a huge win, enabling our teams to deliver a superior customer experience”.