Development of the corporate data warehouse and the analytical system on SAP BW platform, integration adjustment with SAP ERP, SAP CRM, Oracle Hyperion systems. Client: jewelry retail chain.
Goals and tasks
As a part of a large implementation project and transition to SAP it was necessary to plan, develop and implement a Business Intelligence analytical system, to adjust the necessary integration with other systems and customer software. It enables data collection and consolidation data in a single analytical system.
The analytical reporting system on the SAP BW platform was designed and configured from scratch by the team of BI Consultants within a short period of time (4 months). The development of the system has the following peculiarities:
- The system development started before the productive launch of SAP ERP and SAP CRM;
- Tight deadlines for launching the functionality of analytical reports;
- All reports were accepted by the customer in two months after the productive launch of the main systems;
- Large amount of implemented reports and their complexity;
- Developed reports covered all major areas of company activity;
- Development of a separate reports block for analysis of the company's pawn business on the basis of SAP FI-TR;
- Client is a large retail company. As a consequence of this there is a large amount of Corporate Data Storage
As a result of work done there were developed more than 50 complex reports for all spheres of the company's activity, the following tasks solved:
- Designed and developed the architecture of the corporate data warehouse for the analytical system on the SAP BW platform;
- SAP BW integration configured for data uploading from the following modules of SAP ERP system: LO, MM, SD, LE, FI-GL, FI-AR, FI-AP, FI-FM, CO-OM, CO-PA, FI- TR;
- SAP BW integration configured for data uploading from the original SAP CRM system;
- Bi-directional data exchange between SAP BW <-> CRM systems configured, pre-calculation of loyalty program and customer segmentation based on retail sales data in the context of checks adjusted, further results transfer into SAP CRM system set up;
- SAP BW integration for downloading data from the initial POSDM system (cash desks) adjusted, including breakdown of check and goods item it contains;
- Integration with Oracle Hyperion system via SAP PI configured;
- Regular uploading of financial data to the company's budgeting system configured;
- Forms for manual input of plan data and indicators through BI-IP forms implemented;
- Training of users conducted.
Advantages of JET BI
- Unique technical expertise and experience in Business Intelligence tools;
- High quality thanks to the efficient QA processes and the transparent handling of bugs enhancement applications;
- Bureaucracy minimum;
- Adjustment to the client`s internal processes, challenges implementation with regard of the specific of the business processes;
- High level of employees’ motivation.