Development of the corporate data warehouse and analytical system on SAP Business Objects platform, integration with SAP ERP systems, Oracle Siebel SAP Portal. Client: worldwide acting heavy engineering company.
Background of the project:
- Lack of information about the distributors` activities;
- Insufficient accuracy and timeliness of data for analysis;
- The inconvenience by using reports generated manually in Excel.
Goals and tasks
- Increase efficiency and flexibility of decision making, as well as transparency of sales data in the distribution network;
- Get a single information space for analysis and collection of current distributors` data from various sources.
- Within the project the following solutions were implemented:
- Corporate data warehouse on the SAP BW platform designed and developed;
- System of analytical reports on the platform SAP Business Objects designed and developed;
- Several dozens of reports implemented. The access to these reports is possible via MS Excel, Internet browsers, mobile devices;
- Integration with the SAP ERP system configured for the following modules: MM, SD, TOPO, FI, DMS;
- Bi-directional data exchange SAP ERP <-> SAP BW <-> Oracle Siebel implemented;
- Integration at the user interfaces level of the Oracle Siebel portal, SAP Business Objects, and SAP ERP (Webdynpro) set up;
- In the SAP ERP system developed web services for adding contractors and purchase orders from the Oracle Siebel portal.
- We managed to significantly improve the transparency and control of the distribution network, to optimize the work with deposits and dealers all over the world, it became possible to clearly plan and analyze the current situation in detail.
- The introduction of the analytical system allowed qualitative formalizing of the new markets development process. It became the effective support for the sales through the dealer network. The analytical system formed a unified approach to work with existing and potential customers.
- Problems of planning balances in the warehouses of dealers solved. The process of the necessary provisions creation simplified.
- Reporting across the entire sales geography based on the "purchase funnel" implemented, a detailed analysis of the work of previous periods conducted, users completely turned away from creating "manual" reports, system capacity significantly increased. Thanks to the visualization SAP BO and the use of best practices, the Company was able to move to the new level of information analysis.
Advantages of JET BI
- Unique technical expertise and experience in Business Intelligence tools;
- High quality thanks to the efficient QA processes and the transparent handling of bugs enhancement applications;
- Bureaucracy minimum;
- Adjustment to the client`s internal processes, challenges implementation with regard of the specific of the business processes;
- High level of employees’ motivation.