People in large cities spend a lot of time searching for a parking space. According to the parking survey, the citizens of New York spend 110 hours per year trying to park their cars; in London, it’s 67 and Frankfurt, 65. Economic losses range from 700 million to 4.3 billion dollars.
Why do people spend so much time just trying to park? Usually, we map a route from A to B, but when it’s time to park, we do not know if there are any free places. Because of this, we have to park far from our destination or we have to pay a high price for a parking space.
Let’s see how to solve the problem
Nowadays the challenge can be solved with Parking Cloud by JET BI. We have combined the advantages of the IoT concept and the Salesforce platform to create an on-street parking management system.
The wireless parking sensors by Nwawe have a long battery life and communication range. They are easily installed in each parking lot to connect with parking software. Information about lot occupation is processed in the Force.com application and provides the basis for mobile drivers’ mobile applications, for real-time usage statistics, and for other insights.
All parties benefit from the Parking Cloud solution because it offers:
- an efficient use of parking spaces for parking lot owners;
- a reduction in the time drivers have to spend searching for a space;
- the prompt detection of parking violations for traffic police;
- a reduction in air pollution.
The Parking Cloud solution meets the needs of both city administrations and private clients with huge parking spaces, e.g. shopping malls, stadiums, owners of corporate parking, logistics centers, universities.
Let’s have a better look at the Parking Cloud advantages for drivers and for parking lot owners
Users can use the standard Force.com mobile application, as well as Android and iOS applications. Based on information from sensors and parking information systems drivers are supported at each step of the find-park-pay-leave scenario. As a user you can:
- easily find a free parking lot according to the user profile and filter criteria;
- discover information about parking lots.
In Force.com application parking, owners can easily manage parking spaces and identify business insights. If you are a parking lot owner, then you are able to:
- configure parking assets data: parking, parking lots, sensor assignment, working hours, prices, etc.;
- build native application branding according to your corporate style;
- set up commercial banner displays for mobile applications;
- analyze built-in reports and dashboards, as well as creating your own analytics using the Salesforce reports;
- customize applications according to your business needs and customize integration with payment channels, CRM and ERP systems, etc.;
- use all the standard opportunities of the Salesforce platform.
Implementation of Parking Cloud
There are five easy steps to Parking Cloud implementation. Let’s take a look at each of them:
- To start enjoying the benefits of the Parking Cloud solution, a parking lot owner must plan the installation of base stations and parking sensors. Sensors can be easily installed on a parking lot surface without serious construction work.
- After the installation of the Parking Cloud package in the Salesforce system some initial settings are required such as setting up the connection with the base station and map providers, and integration with payment channels. Once the base station is switched on and connected to Parking Cloud, sensors and sensor events are automatically created in the parking information system.
- The next step is to set up parking assets in the parking information system. This is the creation of parking spaces and lots using a wizard to assign sensors to lots. When sensors are assigned to the parking lots, our clients build up their own powerful IoT solutions for parking management.
- After the configuration of users and visibility settings, Parking Cloud is ready for use by parking administrators and drivers. If your business requires customization,d these activities are planned during the implementation period.
- You can now analyze the number of vacant and occupied places, parking income, banner views, and other statistics in Salesforce.
Though the problems of parking are real, with the increasing number of Parking Cloud users, businesses and governments can build an infrastructure that will benefit society.
Are you interested in Parking Cloud capabilities? Contact us to schedule a demo.