Marketing and sales are two halves of one pie. Each business strives to make these departments help each other. What is the best way to do so? The answer is simple - generate leads, work with them to close new deals.
In order to make this process really work, superheroes must come into the picture (many of you may think)!!!
In fact, there is no need for superheroes - the only thing you should have is a properly configured software to automate marketing and sales. It would be easier to find a real superhero? No worries. Here we go to help you! Let's go!
Why to integrate Salesforce and Hubspot
Even in ancient times, people tried to sell their goods using different methods, for example, by making an advertisement on papyrus or by cutting out offer information on granite slabs. A laborious process, isn't it? Fortunately, today's technologies allow using much simpler and more effective solutions. HubSpot will do an excellent job with the current marketing challenges!
You definitely duly appreciate such HubSpot features as automatic logging of activity logs of interaction with the client, creation, and editing of the web site with your own hands, tracking of the interaction of a client with your product. HubSpot has also recently introduced a new service that allows you to attract customers through marketing email segmentation, website automation and personalization, and also allows you to manage live chat and conversations in Facebook Messenger in a single interface. Great things to have, aren't they?
HubSpot is always the first to introduce your potential customer to your product. Then the sales department and its super-tool for sales automation, Salesforce, is in a hurry to help him.
In order to fully enjoy the automation result, you need to integrate both tools. HubSpot and Salesforce have already thought about this, and have taken care of you. Nevertheless, in order for everything to go successfully, you need to meet a number of specific requirements before integration. Let's start!
How to integrate both systems
Requirements for HubSpot:
- A HubSpot Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise account.
- Admin access in HubSpot.
Requirements for Salesforce:
- A Salesforce edition with API access, or Salesforce Professional.
- Salesforce System Administrator access rights (recommended), or at least the following permissions:
- API Enabled;
- View Setup and Configuration enabled;
- Modify All Data on any objects (accounts, campaigns, contacts, leads, or opportunities) which will sync to HubSpot;
- Have the task Type field be Visible to their user profile;
- Have the Modify Metadata permission (to view data in the HubSpot Visualforce window on Salesforce lead and/or contact records);
Since the synchronization of one contact can take up to four API calls to write, it is worth remembering about the limitation of the number of API calls.
To connect multiple HubSpot accounts to the same Salesforce instance, you must configure and install the integration in each HubSpot account.
HubSpot will work with only one Salesforce instance. That's all, we figured out the settings, now let's go through the items directly related to integration!
1) In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
2) Click the Connect an app button.
3) Use the search bar to locate the Salesforce integration.
4) Hover over Salesforce integration and click View integration. The connector wizard will open.
5) If you're connecting HubSpot to a Salesforce sandbox, select the Yes, this will connect to a sandbox checkbox.
6) Click Log in to Salesforce.
7) In the pop-up window, enter your Salesforce credentials and click Log In. After logging in, you'll be redirected back to the connector wizard in HubSpot.
8) Next, install HubSpot in Salesforce. Click Start the Salesforce package installation to begin. This installation may take up to 5-10 minutes.
9) You'll be redirected to Salesforce to install the HubSpot integration package. Select Install for All Users, then click Install.
10) In the dialog box, select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites checkbox, then click Continue.
Salesforce will then install the HubSpot integration package. This installation may take up to 5-10 minutes.
11) You may see a message "This app is taking a long time to install. You will receive an email after the installation has completed." Click Done and wait for an email from Salesforce with the subject Package HubSpot Integration Install Successful.
12) After the package has been installed in Salesforce, navigate back to the HubSpot connector wizard and click Next.
13) Next, add the HubSpot Visualforce module to Salesforce. This module shows the contact's likelihood to close, and allows you to view and filter contact activity and enroll contacts in HubSpot workflows. Click Add HubSpot to Salesforce.
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the connector wizard to add the HubSpot Visualforce module in Salesforce, or learn more about adding the HubSpot Visualforce window to your Salesforce page layouts.
When you're done, click Next.
14) Next, choose how your data will sync between HubSpot and Salesforce. You can choose between Recommended and Advanced setup. If you select Recommended setup (default settings), click Review settings. If you select Advanced setup (go through each setting one by one), click Next.
15) On the next screen, set up your contact sync settings: Click the Choose which contacts to sync dropdown menu and select All contacts to sync all contacts to Salesforce, or select a HubSpot list to use as an inclusion list to sync only those contacts to Salesforce. Click Next.
16 ) On the next screen, set up your object and property sync settings: Click the Contacts, Companies, or Deals tab to configure the sync type for standard properties for that object. In the Companies and Deals tabs, you may need to click to toggle the Enable company/deal sync switch on before you can create field mappings.
The table displays the standard HubSpot object properties and their Salesforce field equivalents. For each property sync, select the sync type: Prefer Salesforce(default), always use Salesforce, or Two-way. Learn more about the sync types for Salesforce field mapping. Click Next.
17) Lastly, review your selected data sync settings. To change the settings for a data sync type, click Change. When you're done, click Finish setup and begin syncing.
18) You'll be redirected to your Salesforce integration setting, and data between HubSpot and Salesforce will begin syncing. Now your systems are ready to work on generating and processing leads!
However, you may encounter some difficulties with the integration, such as a mismatch of the naming convention, unequal data exchange, data integrity problem. It is also worth to keep in mind that integration cannot translate lists between platforms.
In case you have difficulties with Hubspot-Salesforce integration due to a large number of settings and functions that may not be supported in standard methods for integration between Hubspot and Salesforce, you can always reach out professionals to help.
JET BI is an expert team ready to help and solve problems with integration!