Often users are looking for the reports, that are scattered across different environments and platforms, for example, SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BEx Web, IBM Cognos BI, and others. The current business process in most cases does not allow to refuse any of them. Because of this, the user cannot find the reports he or she needs easily and quickly.
The solution to this problem is SAP Analytics Hub, which integrates all Cloud and local analytical resources into a single interface platform.
SAP Analytics Hub provides users with access to a catalog of assets displayed as tiles. By assets, we mean an object containing a link to one or several reports and relevant information about them. Each link contains a preview of the reports and additional information about each of them, for example, the time of the creation and the name of the user.
There are five roles available for managing assets in SAP Analytics Hub:
- Business User - can view all assets in SAP Analytics Hub, and also save no more than 50 as favorites.
- Content Editor - can create a draft of an asset and send it for review, view and edit all visible assets.
- Content Validator - checks the relevance and quality of the resources that are created or updated by content editors. They can also view all visible assets, reject or approve drafts of assets, hide and delete it.
- Chief Content Editor - has all the features of a content editor and content validator.
- Administrator - has all the possible functionality for working with assets, and also assigns roles to users.
To find an asset with a required report, the user can use the search field using keywords or the filter function, where available assets are categorized.
The user can select the order in which assets are displayed using various sorting criteria, for example, by the date creation, by the number of views, etc.
For ease of use, tabs are created in SAP Analytics Hub. “Favorites” tab stores the assets you marked. “Recently Used” tab displays the assets that were recently viewed by the users of your department or of the entire company. "Selected for you" tab displays the assets marked by the chief content editor or the administrator that you are interested in.
There is a mobile version of SAP Analytics Hub, which also supports search and filtering functions, it is possible to view the assets marked for you.
If you have administrative rights, then you have access to SAP Analytics Hub Cockpit, with which you can view statistics and manage the structure of SAP Analytics Hub, namely:
- develop asset layouts and manage the fields they contain;
- customize the location of assets on the page;
- view statistics for using SAP Analytics Hub, for example, the number of unique users or the total number of asset views. You can also select a time period to view: day, week, month, and year;
- view statistics for changes made to SAP Analytics Hub;
- download the required data from SAP Analytics Hub, where the data is uploaded to a ZIP file containing JSON files;
- install and remove categories and field lists in the asset filter.
SAP Analytics Hub prevents duplicate reports and provides proven documentation on all available data.
Do you want to quickly and conveniently find reports, without having to think about where they are located?
Contact us and install a solution that will find reports for you.