- Salesforce Lightning;
- Lightning Component Framework;
- Advantages of using the Lightning Component Framework;
- Structure of Lightning Component;
- Helpful links.
1) Salesforce Lightning
Salesforce Lightning makes it easier to build responsive applications for any device, and encompasses the Lightning Component framework and helpful tools for developers.
New Features in Lightning:
Here are some of the new features that we are most excited about:
- Experience. Modern user interface optimized for speed and responsive design for all devices (one code base for desktop, tablet, phone, and watch screens).
- Lightning App Builder. A drag-and-drop authoring tool for easy app building and customizations. Developers can work with both out-of-the-box components and custom-built components.
- Lightning Component Framework. Tools that allow developers to build reusable components, customize the Salesforce1 Mobile App, and build standalone apps. As a framework built right into the platform, it liberates the UI from the limitations of Visualforce UIs that are non-responsive in their design.
- Design System. A responsive CSS framework, style guides, and modern enterprise user experience best practices. Salesforce is working to educate and guide developers on modern usability.
- Lightning Connect. An integration tool that makes it easier for Force.com apps to consume data from external sources that conform to the OData spec.
The Lightning Experience is a beautiful, modern, customizable user experience that’s consistent across products and devices. The Lightning Platform enables you to build apps and customizations fast for desktops and mobile devices using powerful drag and drop tools. Lightning is also much faster than the Salesforce Classic interface.
2) Lightning Component Framework
3) Advantages of using the Lightning Component Framework
- Rich component ecosystem and faster development
A Lightning component can be used as in Salesforce app and also Lightning Experience and communities. We do not need to use different metadata for it. Components are encapsulated and their internals stay private, while their public shape is visible to consumers of the component. This strong separation gives component authors freedom to change the internal implementation details and insulates component consumers from those changes.
- Event-driven architecture
- Device-aware and cross browser compatibility
Apps use responsive design and provide an enjoyable user experience. The Lightning Component framework supports the latest in browser technology such as HTML5, CSS3, and touch events.
4) Structure of Lightning Component
To specify, let’s look at the following diagram:
5) Helpful resources
Salesforce provides useful resources for getting knowledge about new features. It is the “Trailhead” portal. There are a lot of modules related to the development of Lightning components.
We recommend pass “Lightning Component Framework Specialist” Trailhead. Also, you can find samples of using standard lightning components in the Lightning Components Library. You can find specific answers in Lightning Components Developer Guide.